Re: What to do?

On 2011-01-25 17:43 +0100, Michael wrote:

> I want to get rid of
>
> W: libsnacc0c2: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libasn1c++0
> libasn1cCebuf0 libasn1cebuf0 libasn1cmbuf0 libasn1csbuf0 libasn1ctbl0
>
> I didn't do the naming, but it's true, what lintian is saying.

Looks like the package got renamed because of a C++ ABI transition some
years ago.

> I don't really want to rename neither the (binary) lib-package nor the
> libraries, for that would force every user of libsnacc to change their
> packages too. I think I can add extra (sym)links to "/usr/lib" starting
> with libsnacc0c2 pointing to the (real) libraries. I haven't checked, if
> that will help and/or work. Simplest way would be to override, but I do
> not like that, unless there is absolutely no other way.

It's probably the best solution, and certainly the easiest.  If the ABI
of one of the libraries should ever change, you can take this as an
opportunity to split the package into the individual libraries, but
since there's apparently no upstream for snacc anymore this is unlikely
to ever happen.

Sven