Re: RFS: discount - Implementation of Markdown markup language in C

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Alessandro Ghedini <al3xbio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "discount".
>
> * Package name    : discount
>  Version         : 2.0.4-1
>  Upstream Author : David Parsons <orc@pell.chi.il.us>
> * URL             : http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/discount/
> * License         : BSD-4-clause
>  Section         : text
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> discount   - Implementation of Markdown markup language in C
> libmarkdown2-dev - Implementation of Markdown markup language in C (development files)
> libmarkdown2 - Implementation of Markdown markup language in C (library)

> The upload would fix these bugs: 608709 (ITP)
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: Currently there are many
> libraries in Debian for different languages (Perl, Ruby, PHP, Lua, ...) that
> provide support for markdown, none of them are for C. Also, I am one of
> the users of discount (the executables) and I would be happy to see this
> in Debian.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/discount/discount_2.0.4-1.dsc
>
> or:
> - http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/discount.git;a=summary
> - git clone git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/discount.git

> Kind regards
>  Alessandro Ghedini
>

> --

I'm not a DD, but I checked it out anyway.

Looks like it's mostly in order. I'm not good with libraries, so I
can't give a "full" review,
but it looks pretty darn clean. DEP5 and DEP3 are being used, quilt is
nice, no lintian
errors up to P, E, and I.

I'm having a tough time picking anything out. Perhaps someone with more library
experience then myself could review it.

Well done, keep up the great work!
-Paul

P.S. I use discount on a daily basis, thanks for maintaining this!

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq