Re: [Pkg-fonts-devel] Sponsor for the Font "Pecita"

Quoting Maison en a Pecita (acquadoria@gmail.com):
> Hello.
>
> I am looking for a Sponsor for my font.

A few comments:

- you may want to fix the current lintian warnings:

W: fonts-pecita source: native-package-with-dash-version
W: fonts-pecita source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch
W: fonts-pecita source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep
W: fonts-pecita source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)
E: fonts-pecita: helper-templates-in-copyright
W: fonts-pecita: extended-description-line-too-long
W: fonts-pecita: extended-description-line-too-long
W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty prerm
W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty preinst
W: fonts-pecita: maintainer-script-empty postinst

Most are "minor" but starting a package by being lintian-clean is a
good habit to have..:-). Most of these are easy to fix.

I would also recommend using /usr/share/fonts/opentype/pecita instead
of /usr/share/fonts/opentype/fonts-pecita instead

I also don't really understand the need for the following in
debian/rules:

build-stamp: configure-stamp
        dh_testdir
        mkdir build
        cd build; cp ../Pecita.otf ./

Indeed, this package is a very good candidate for having a one-liner
dh7-style debian/rules. You may want to look at one of the many font
packages maintained by the team.

Apart from these technical concerns, the font seems really
interesting. Do you intend to release the "source code" for it (I did
not find how you designed it)? I
think it is probably a very good case study for someone who would be
interested in creating a font.

Vraiment très intéressant..:-)