Re: RFS: solarpowerlog

Hallo Artur,

thanks for your quick response.

On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 13:17 +0100, Artur R. Czechowski wrote:
> Tobias,
>
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:37:36PM +0100, Tobias Frost wrote:
> > The one warning -- empty-debian-diff -- is emitted as I also keep the debian
> > files in the git repository I use for development of solarpowerlog. Naturally
> > the diff is empty in this case.
>
> If you are also the upstream developer and you are planning to always keep
> Debian package with released version in sync, you can consider making the
> package as a native package.

Yes, this is how I'd like to manage it. I'm upstream and also debian is
my build-target of choice (I'm only using debian since 7..8 yrs).

>  Technically, you indicate it by not adding
> the -debianversion suffix into version number. In such case debian diff
> shall be empty.
> However, in this case, any change only in debian packaging would require
> to release new version of your software.

This is ok for me.

> I have two small utilities for I am also an upstream developer and I prefer
> to keep the sources free of Debian packaging stuff.

Well, I'd like to keep them together as I am using more than one
computer for development I love that a single git-pull will update
everything.

So if it is ok to go native I will change the repository to refect this
tonight.

Regards,
coldtobi