Re: RFS: v3c + treedb + meta-treedb + v3c-dcom + v3c-qt + v3c-qt-examples

On 20/12/11 07:51, Etienne Millon wrote:
* Philip Ashmore<contact@philipashmore.com>  [111220 08:45]:
On 19/12/11 12:37, Etienne Millon wrote:
Hello Philip,

* Philip Ashmore<contact@philipashmore.com>   [111219 13:30]:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/v/v3c/v3c_2.5.0-01-1.dsc

404.
Darn.
When I uploaded the packages to mentors I (wrongly) guessed at the pattern
of dsc urls. I'm still seeing v3c-2.4.0-01 on mentors even though I
uploaded v3c-2.5.0-01.

When an upload on mentors is succesful, you receive an email with a
link to the dsc file. No guessing necessary :)

Plus from it seems there's a problem with my debsign'ing of the
finished packages.
Debian FTP Masters is saying

  GnuPG signature check failed on dcut._contact_philipashmore_com_.1324297336.11738.commands
  gpg: Signature made Mon Dec 19 12:22:16 2011 UTC using RSA key ID 855B1CA8
  (Exit status 2)
  /dcut._contact_philipashmore_com_.1324297336.11738.commands has bad PGP/GnuPG signature!
  Removing /dcut._contact_philipashmore_com_.1324297336.11738.commands

  Greetings,

  	Your Debian queue daemon (running on host franck.debian.org)

Further,  4096R/855B1CA8 is my public gpg key and it's in mentors.
I don't understand how it can have a bad signature.

That is because you are trying to upload to the Debian archive. Only
DDs and DMs can do that. To upload to mentors.debian.net, you need to
configure dput as explained on :

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
I thought it was "dput *.changes", but it's "dput mentors *.changes" - aargh!
That will teach me to write stuff down.

Is there a reason for this version number ? Usually, it's
<upstream version>-<debian revision>, so something like 2.5.0-1.

I used pbuilder to build them and the lintian checks issue only warnings.
Like I said, I lintian checked them all and got only warnings -
you're seeing old versions.

Good ! But you may want to get rid of these warnings too. For a truly
"lintian clean" package, lintian doesn't output anything.

(Shameless example : http://mentors.debian.net/package/zsnes :) )
I'm rebuilding them now - I made a few minor tweaks.
I'll re-post the RFS with the correct urls when I upload them.

It would be great if you or someone else could help me work through the lintian warnings.

In particular, I can't find detailed information on how to define lists or bullet points in the
long descriptions.

Regards,
Philip Ashmore