Re: How to remove an entire directory (and included files) with a quilt patch?

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Emilien Klein <emilien+debian@klein.st> wrote:
> 2011/12/13 Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com>:
>> perhaps something like (with dh short syntax):
>>
>> override_dh_auto_build:
>>    rm -rf ./cruddy/folder
>>    dh_auto_build $(FLAGS_IF_ANY)
>
> I've added the following:
> override_dh_auto_build:
>        rm -rf nautilus_image_manipulator/upload/poster
>        dh_auto_build

The comments after me were right, this should be in clean, I just
fired off an example :)

> However it breaks the build process:
>
> error: package directory 'nautilus_image_manipulator/upload/poster'
> does not exist
> dh_auto_build: python2.6 setup.py build --force returned exit code 1
> make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_build] Erreur 1
> make[1]: quittant le répertoire «
> /home/emilien/devel/nim-deb/nautilus-image-manipulator-0.5 »
> make: *** [build] Erreur 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: erreur: debian/rules build a produit une erreur de
> sortie de type 2
> debuild: fatal error at line 1348:
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc failed
> emilien@debiansid:~/devel/nim-deb/nautilus-image-manipulator-0.5$
>
> It seems like the build process absolutely wants to access this directory...
>
> Then I remembered that the list of to-be-installed Python modules must
> be defined in the setup.py file. And there it is:
>
> packages=["nautilus_image_manipulator",
> "nautilus_image_manipulator.upload",
> "nautilus_image_manipulator.upload.poster"],
>
> Removing the last string, and without any change to debian/rules, the
> folder is now not included anymore in the package...
>
> Problem solved!
> Thanks all,
>    +Emilien

Wooo!

Might want that in clean, btw. The folks who posted after me were right :)

-Paul
--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq