dbconfig-common; repacking source

Hi there,

currently i try to get my typo3 packages into shape, so the
new version gets accepted by ftp-masters.

There is a problem with modules, that are embedded into the
upstream tar-ball, but do not get distributed with the binary
packages (they get replaced by symlinks to debian-packages).
ftpmasters require that these licenses get included into the
copyright file. I want to avoid this, because the modules
dont find their way to the enduser. Is it ok, that i name
the package +dfsg and remove those unneeded parts from the
source tar-ball during a repacking step?

Second problem: i have to rename typo3-dummy to typo3-dummy-common.
This package uses dbconfig-common. Is there a best/preferred way
to migrate the user config to the new package without forcing the
user to reenter his credentials?

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     http://www.camlann.de/de/pgpkey.html
  Fingerprint: 4F50 19BF 3346 36A6 CFA9 DBDC C268 6D24 70A1 AD15