Re: RFS: dvbackup
Benoît Knecht wrote:
> I'll try and have a look at the rest of the package later today.
Here's my long overdue review of rsbep:
- The long description of the package repeats the synopsis; take a
look at  for the best practices.
- In debian/copyright, the last paragraph that matches a file applies
to it, so you should invert the two paragraphs. A standalone GPL-2+
paragraph wouldn't hurt either, to make the file more compact.
- In debian/rules, you're ignoring all errors when running
dh_auto_build and dh_install, which I guess you're doing because
rsbep doesn't build on all architectures. That's not ideal, because
you might ignore relevant errors on the architectures where it is
supposed to build fine. How about building a separate binary
package for those specific architectures?
- lintian complains about a misspelling in the man page:
I: rsbep: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/rsbep.1.gz completly completely
- In the man page, please remove the part about it being written for
the Debian distribution; it will make it easier to reuse.
In the third paragraph of the DESCRIPTION, a space is missing
between 'rsbep' and 'is'.
ERROR CORRECTION should be a subsection of DESCRIPTION.
In the last paragraph of ERROR CORRECTION, "that it hit's" should
read "that it hits".
LIMITATIONS should be called BUGS and go after OPTIONS.
In the first item of LIMITATIONS, "does'nt" should read "doesn't".
Overall the man page could use some proofreading.