Re: RFS: dwm (Orphaned package)(17days old)

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:56, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. gcc warnings:
>
> CC dwm.c
> dwm.c:882:1: warning: ‘focusmon’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
[… a few more of those … ]

> Send this to upstream, if you haven't.

He is building two flavors, one without (a lot of) keybindings, so all these
functions aren't used by this flavor (web), but by the default one.

So this fells like a pretty hard thing to fix… I would suggest adding a
-Wno-unused-function to non-default flavor builds instead.

> 2. dpkg-buildflags.patch needs Patch header/description
>
> 3. Optionally, Patch 1 need description wrapped to 80 chars.

Beside that, the git repo includes the .pc directory from quilt.
I don't think that this is a particular good idea…

And as you try to follow DEP3 for the patches, add to both patches:
Forwarded: not-needed
It would be a shame to let these patches show up in a "untagged patches
which might need to be send upstream" report somebody hopefully works on. :)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies