Re: RFS: mobile-broadband-provider-info (updated package)

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:

> You should also consider removing the watch file - it's an Info tag
> when it's missing, not a warning or error. Uscan exits with a nonzero
> return value when you run it, which I don't think is right. A DD might
> be able to jump in here.

It probably needs some rewording to not mention lintian (amongst other
things), but it is very much appropriate to mention the upstream
tarball situation in debian/watch. I personally would use something
that looks at this location:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/mobile-broadband-provider-info/

Really though, I'm not sure the packaging system is the correct way to
distribute this data anyway, since you usually always want the latest
version. We are stuck with it until upstream changes that though.
Perhaps we need some update-usbids/update-pciids style mechanism in
the meantime though.

--
bye,
pabs