Re: What is the proper way to rename scripts?

Le Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 05:36:29AM -0500, Paul Elliott a écrit :

> Because of  Debian Policy Manual section 10.4 (Scripts)
> I must rename a script.

Hi Paul,

if the script is not an interface, you can consider leaving its name as it is.
Why would foo.pl unacceptable and pyfoo acceptable ?

In any case, please pay attention to the risk of becomming incompatible with
upstream's documentation, examples, scripts, as well as users scripts if you
rename a program.  In my work environment using Debian isolates me from my
colleagues for this reason…

The best solution to the problem is to convince Upstream to rename the file if
you think it is worth doing so.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy