Re: RFS: ocaml-fdinfo

Le 25/10/2011 16:00, Nicolas Dandrimont a écrit :
> I'm Cc:'ing the OCaml Team which may be interested in your package. I'll
> try to take a look tonight, unless someone beats me to it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

>> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ocaml-fdinfo".
>>
>> * Package name    : ocaml-fdinfo
>> Version         : 0.2.2-1
>> Upstream Author : Grégory Bellier
>> * URL             : http://www.gatekeeper.fr/index.php?p=ocaml-fdinfo
>> * License         : MIT
>> Section         : ocaml
>>
>> It builds those packages:
>>
>> libfdinfo-ocaml-dev - OCaml library to get infos on files opened by
>> another process

I am quite concerned about the upstream part:

 - it looks very (too?) small (120 lines of pure and trivial OCaml
   code, with many blank lines, something that can be copy-pasted into
   the toplevel) to be packaged on its own; what is the true motivation
   of having this packaged in Debian? Is it a dependency of something
   that you are planning to package? Do you have evidence of its
   popularity? On the other hand, ocaml-extunix looks like the ideal
   place to put such stuff... have you tried to have this integrated
   there?
 - it looks Linux-specific (/proc)
 - calling "ls -goQ %s | grep -v total" is a no-go... please use
   directly readdir and friends

Cheers,

--
Stéphane