Re: email rejected bugs.debian.org

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Paul Elliott wrote:
> > Technical details of permanent failure:
> > Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
> > domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further
> > information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server
> > returned was: 550 550-Blacklisted URL in message. (blackpatchpanel.com) in
> > [black]. See 550 http://lookup.uribl.com. (state 18).
>
> This is a small family domain. I control it. It goes thru google email. only 2
> accounts in domain. All the computers on it use linux. It is extremely
> unlikely any spam has ever been sent from this domain.

Your domain is in an URI blacklist, so it doesn't mean it was used to
*send* spam: it likely was found *in* spam.  Usually that happens when
criminals are using a server under your domain to host artifacts...  but
you could have been joe-jobbed as well (someone used your domain in
their spam).

Just in case, maybe you should remove the useless parking of
blackpatchpanel.com as that parking server might be unsafe, and triple
check to make sure your DNS provider did not screw up and allowed
someone to create malicious subdomains of your domain behind your back
(yes, it has happened before to some DNS providers).

> Could someone white list this domain so that I can participate?

I am not sure that's possible, but even if it was, it would not be
effective: you really can't do a good job as a maintainer when your
email address is in a blacklist as it will cause communication problems.
Try to get the domain delisted, it should be quite straightforward with
uribl.

But please read this first: http://www.uribl.com/faq.shtml

  Henrique Holschuh