Re: Confusing "ancient-autotools-helper-file" error

* Ole Streicher <debian-devel@liska.ath.cx>, 2011-10-17, 13:42:
E: python-pywcs source: ancient-autotools-helper-file wcslib/config/config.guess 2003-10-03
E: python-pywcs source: ancient-autotools-helper-file wcslib/config/config.sub 2003-08-18

which is completely irrelevant for me (since these files are not used in the build process). I added them to the "clean" file:

wcslib/config/config.guess
wcslib/config/config.sub

This is not what the debian/clean file is (normally) for. debian/clean is used by dh_clean, which is typically called in the "clean" target. You should not assume that this target is run before the package is built, even though dpkg-buildpackage does this by default.

how can I remove this error message?

Just add lintian overrides for these tags.

--
Jakub Wilk