Hi mentors,

I'm in the process of writing and packaging a small application that
communicates over gpio pins on the i2c protocol with another device.
Now the following page shows what to do during testing.
http://blog.famzah.net/2009/12/05/i2c-via-gpio-on-bifferboard-running-debian/

It works during testing, but after the next reboor, I have to execute
all the modprobes again.
So this page describes what to do, so that the modules are loaded on
every boot.
http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-modules.html

But these instructions don't seem to be well suited for inclusion in a
deb package, as it involves editing files already on the system. I would
much prefer an approach such as used with cron. Where one can put a
packagename.cron.d file into the debian folder.

Also http://man.he.net/man1/dh_installmodules talks about installing
modues that belong to the package.
But the modules that I want to load don't belong to my package. They
beolng to packages that my packages depends on.

So, what is the correct way to make a package load modules from another
package?

Rgds
Richard