Re: RFS: libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server (an Apache2 module for serving Adobe socket policy files)

On 09/21/2011 12:49 PM, Daniel Kauffman wrote:
> ... for serving Adobe socket policy files.
What's that? How do you make them?
> The package is ready for sponsorship and can be downloaded from:
>
>   http://socketpolicyserver.com

1/ The package is a native package, which isn't required for an Apache
module IMO. Please read about it in the Debian policy manual.

2/ The package has apache2-threaded-dev as Build-Depends, any reason
why it wouldn't work with apache2-prefork-dev also? Also, having a
binary package with "apache2 | apache2-mpm" seems strange to me.

3/ It'd be nice to use the DEP5 format for debian/copyright. Please see
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/. It's still a candidate, so it's not a
requirement though.

4/ Your Standards-Version: isn't up-to-date. Did you build the package
in SID and ran lintian there? Also:

I: libapache2-mod-socket-policy-server:
extended-description-is-probably-too-short

You don't need the last dot at the end, but you do need a longer
extended description. Lintian complains with less than 2 lines,
but I think at least 10 lines sounds reasonable. By reading what
you wrote, I still don't understand what your package is doing. :)

5/ Your debian/README explains how to use apt-get, that we can
edit the config file of the module, and how to restart apache. I
don't think you should do that, it's not helpful, but there might
be other things you want to document (like what to put in the
socket policy file for example?).

6/ Your package configures a VirtualHost in a /etc/apache2/conf.d
file, don't you think it would be nicer in /etc/apache2/sites-available?
If not, please explain here why.

I hope the above helps,
Thanks for your will to contribute to Debian,

Thomas