Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:36:54 +0800
Kan-Ru Chen <koster@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> You sure you want to upload to unstable, right? Asking because it was
> previously uploaded to experimental.

I think so, yes. I didn't really intend to send the previous version to
experimental and wanted to go back to unstable to get more feedback.
However, there are some bugs which can't be solved as simply as
installing roxterm-gtk2 instead of roxterm-gtk3. As long as these are
"Outstanding" on the bug tracker that will stop the "testing" package
being updated won't it? I don't want it to be difficult for anyone who
finds version 2.x unusable to revert to 1.x.

I might also need some help with #641123. It's to do with
${shlibs:Depends} and being able to support a "new" feature in a library
where possible but also be buildable without the feature to support
older versions. Would it be better to ask on debian-devel about that
sort of thing?