Re: RFS: ndpmon

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 02:32:36PM -0400, John R. Baskwill wrote:

Hey John,

thanks for working on ndpmon.

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ndpmon",

Here are some more remarks, I'm not sure if some of them were already
discussed, I didn't follow the original RFS and just read one of your
later mails.

* The Vcs-* fields in debian/control have kind of a different meaning, they're
  not for the upstream repo. See Dev-Ref 6.2.5.

* debian/copyright is incomplete. Stuff from plugins/mac_resolv
  is missing and debian/manuf. I'd suggest to start with
  'grep -ir copyright *'.

* I don't think the README.Debian contains useful information.

* Regarding the manuf file I'm not 100% sure if we can distribute that
  and if it's really GPL 2+ because according to the comments it's
  compiled from several sources. Did they all agree that it's GPL 2+?
  I've strong doubts about that for the IEEE.

Didn't look at the init script so far, if nobody else steps up I'll try
to do that later this week.

Cheers,
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.