Re: Plans for rails & wheezy (Was: RFS: ruby-activemodel)

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 08:55, karim memon <abdulkarimmemon@gmail.com> wrote:
> i would have loved to help you but i really don't think that i'm eligible
> for the job. Simply because i'm pretty new to pacaking (as you've pointed
> out in the next para ;) + i'm even newer to ruby!) and i don't want to keep
> bugging you (all) every now and then with stupid errors :)

Well, don't just give up. We were all beginners in the beginning.

I propose you read the http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging and help with
the transition. There's still lot work to do:

http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/
http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html

And it is a great way how to learn about Ruby packages and Ruby packaging.

Just don't start with Ruby On Rails, it's a big task with long term commitment.
And I would love to have a help, but you really need to commit to it.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>