Re: Cavalry

Misha Strong <misha.strong@mweb.co.za> writes:

> I've just written my own program, and I'd like it added to your
> distro.

Thank you for your interest in contributing to Debian.

The best way to ask for a package to be added to Debian is by filing a
“request for package” (RFP) bug report against the ‘wnpp’ package
<URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/>, as a central point to discuss
the package's suitability for Debian.

The request doesn't make anything happen, though. Adding a work to
Debian is done through the efforts of some person who will create and
advocate for the Debian package and take responsibility for maintaining
the package in Debian. Are you that person?

You may want to read the Debian development documentation at
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals> for more on the work
expected of contributors to Debian.

--
 \           “We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives |
  `\          teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years |