Re: RFS: xxxterm

Here is a review of your package:

I would personally wrap the build-deps one package per line, since it
makes it easier to see what changed.

Your watch file is overly generic, I would suggest using this instead:

http://opensource.conformal.com/snapshots/xxxterm/xxxterm-([\d\.]+)\.tgz

There is a new upstream release (1.517) available.

Please forward your patches upstream if you haven't already. You can
use the Forwarded DEP-3 header to indicate where they have been
forwarded to.

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

For the two that indicate upstream does not want them, you could
instead send a patch to make these build-time configurable.

It would seem like a good idea to install the icon in the standard
paths, you might want to send upstream a patch for that.

Where does debian/xxxterm.upstream-changelog come from? Maybe you
could get upstream to start publishing it in their tarballs as a NEWS
file?

I wonder about the copyright on the icon, it looks like a derivative
work of an image that seems to have spread around the Internet. I am
betting that upstream just took it from somewhere and removed parts of
it.

http://www.tineye.com/search/89570e05282f2e4532aa067d38cb83a023bfa1bd/

Based on this wikipedia article, it might even be copyright of some
movie studio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club_(film)#Marketing

Or perhaps it is copyright by the people selling the soap:

http://uncrate.com/stuff/fight-club-soap/

I also wonder what the license of the font used in creating the icon
is and which font it is. Sounds like it would have been a non-free
font used by the movie studio behind the Fight Club film.

In any case I don''t think it is an appropriate icon for a web browser.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise