Source Code One Line Change [patch] and Copyright holder

Hi all,
recently I have contributed a on-line patch [0] that resolves a
significant and major security bug in a PAM module. I added myself to the
Copyright holders of the file and added this change to the changelog file
as you can easily see in [1]. The upstream author and developer of this
software claims that I am not intended to add my name for such a small
change to the Copyright holders of the file and he should ask for legal
advise. What is your opinion? Is this right?
The bug remains there for more than 1 year and is one major and big
security hole as you can all see.

King regards,
Chris.

[0]: http://code.google.com/p/yubico-pam/issues/list