Re: RFS: evilvte

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:00:00PM +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.4.9-1
> of my package "evilvte". (Programming language: C)

Uploaded, but here are some remarks for subsequent uploads
you might want to think about.

debian/changelog:

>   * Update debian/copyright

Such statements in a changelog are very terse. I would've preferred to
read something like "Update debian/copyright, the included icons are now
licensed as GPL2+."
Without the diff to the prior version you've no chance to know
what was changed, which makes the changelog entry rather useless.
Opinions on this topic might differ and I for sure wrote such things in
my changelogs aswell, but IMHO we all should try to avoid it.

debian/copyright:

I don't think the following is valid DEP-5 syntax:
  Files: debian/*, except debian/evilvte.xpm

I don't care about DEP-5 but others might do. So be nice and if you
claim it's DEP-5 syntax, try to make it valid.

Cheers,
Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.