Re: RFS: i-news - GTK-based RSS Ticker

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin
<manutm007@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "i-news".
>
> This package was previously named 'News' and had issues.
>
> It's now lintian clean when building source and binary, although I found
> lintian warning reported at http://mentors.debian.net/package/i-news
> after uploading.
>
>  * Package name    : i-news
>   Version         : 0.5.3-1
>   Upstream Author : Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin
>  * URL             : http://newsrssticker.com/unstable-debian/
>  * License         : GPL
>   Section         : net
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>  http://mentors.debian.net/package/i-news
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>  dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/i-news/i-news_0.5.3-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin <manutm007@gmail.com>
>

> --

Excellent, looks like you fixed most of the issues found in your last
RFS. There are a few more suggestions I'd like to make, though (some
of these are purely pedantic, however).

- debian/source/format should be updated to "3.0 (quilt)", not 1.0.
- The remaining lintian warning is generated due to the fact that your
Standards version is out-of-date; it's currently 3.9.2 (so check the
upgrade checklist, and bump it up in debian/control). Also check to
see if you're using the latest version of lintian, and if not, please
update it.
- Why priority "extra"? I'd suggest "optional".
- I'd recommend updating debian/copyright to DEP-5 format [1]. Not
strictly necessary, but seeing as DEP-5 is being more widely adopted
nowadays...
- There shouldn't be a "debian/copyright" entry in debian/docs. Please
remove it.
- I'd remove the boilerplate comments in debian/rules. Also, isn't
"common-install-indep::" a cdbs thing? I don't think that has any
effect in a dh style debian/rules, but I may be wrong about that.

Kind regards,
- Vincent Cheng

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/