Re: RFS: dfu-programmer

Le jeudi 18 août 2011 à 14:50 +0200, Arno Töll a écrit :
> Hi Rodolphe,
> On 18.08.2011 14:11, Rodolphe Pelloux-Prayer wrote:
> > So the new upload is not a NMU anymore and it could be my first official package :)
>
> Here are a few comments about your package:
>
> * Please consider using a more recent debhelper compatibility level.
> Version 5 is quite outdated (although still okish). Generally I suggest
> to bump debian/compat to 8 and depend in debian/control on a 8.0
> version. That works down to Lenny with backports, although your package
> probably won't ever enter Stable or even Oldstable anyway.

Oops, I forget this file in my updating process :) It's corrected.

> * You use a VCS not hosted by Debian. That's ok and legit, but Alioth is
> nice too, and eases life to other people, potentially interested to help
> you with the package. Regardless of the repository you choose, the
> VCS-Browser link should point to the trunk of your repository, not to
> the project home page [1]

I've changed the VCS field to point to anonscm.debian.org git
repository. I'm waiting to be add to collab-maint project on alioth to
push my repo.

> * If I understand the purpose of your program, the section devel is not
> really appropriate - maybe "electronics" [2] fits better.

Yes. Done.

> * Upstream's NEWS file you install as doc, is in fact a changelog. For
> archive-wide consistency you might consider installing it as upstream
> changelog through dh_installchangelogs(1). Figure, that would also make
> Lintian pedantically happy!

Done.

> * Please remove unneeded comments in debian/rules. Those are for your
> information, and not intended to be kept.

Done.

> Good work, your package looks good. As you might have noticed, my
> comments are minor pedantic notes.

Thanks. I should work on more complicated package now.

To access further information about this package, please visit the
following URL:
  http://mentors.debian.net/package/dfu-programmer
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
command:
  dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dfu-programmer/dfu-programmer_0.5.4-1.dsc

Kind regards,