Re: RFS: icecat

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Javier Sancho <jsf@jsancho.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "icecat".
>
>  * Package name    : icecat
>   Version               : 5.0.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Giuseppe Scrivano <gscrivano@gnu.org>
>  * URL                   : http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/
>  * License              : MPL/GPL/LPPL
>   Section               : web
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>  http://mentors.debian.net/package/icecat
>
> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>
>  dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/icecat/icecat_5.0.1-1.dsc

> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Javier Sancho Fernández - http://www.jsancho.org/
> Associate Member of the Free Software Foundation - http://www.fsf.org/
> Contra el DRM - http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm
>

> --

Hi,

Please run lintian on your package (lintian -iI --pedantic *.changes)
and fix the numerous issues first. Many of them can easily be fixed
(e.g. "dh-make-template-in-source" - if you don't need those templates
provided by dh-make, just remove them), and you should aim for a
lintian-clean package before sending out your RFS request. While
you're at it, please consider providing a DEP-5 formatted
debian/copyright [1], and include a debian/watch file as well.

Also, I'm not sure if you've taken a look at bug #522196 [2] yet (I'm
guessing you haven't, otherwise you wouldn't have filed a new ITP for
Icecat); are you willing to maintain Icecat and to backport patches
and fix security issues for all versions of Icecat in Debian,
including future stable/oldstable releases? This can and will be a
large amount of work for a package like Icecat, although a lot of the
security-related work you'll have to do will have already been done by
the Iceweasel maintainers.

Kind regards,
- Vincent Cheng

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/