Re: In a single binary source package how does one fail to install some files?

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Paul Elliott
<pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> wrote:

> When I was building a library and I wanted to not install the .la file that
> make install was creating, I could just leave it out of all of the
> package.install files and it would not be installed.
>
> In a single binary package how do I not install a file that make install
> creates?
>
> Thank You.
>

> --
> Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
> pelliott@BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J
> http://www.free.blackpatchpanel.com/pme/   Austin TX 78758-3117

To not install any .la files in your package, you could try overriding
dh_install as follows (in debian/rules):

override_dh_install:
	find . -name "*.la" -delete
	dh_install

- Vincent