Re: RFS: wmmoonclock (updated package)

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:43:07 +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
Hi Rodolfo,

Hi Kilian,

thanks a lot for review this package.

On Sat, 2011-07-30 at 12:48 +0200, Rodolfo kix Garcia wrote:
I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.27-30
of my package "wmmoonclock".

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wmmoonclock/wmmoonclock_1.27-30.dsc

Sorry, but no.

:'( ;-)

1.) If you update a package without new upstream release you must use
the orig.tar.gz file that is in the Debian archive. Any upload using
another tarball will fail to be accepted by the Debian archive.

2.) You moved upstream's changelog out of debian/ with the new upstream tarball. As said above the tarball in inalienable without a new upstream
release version and thus this change cannot be accepted.

Ok. Please, take a look here: http://repo.or.cz/w/dockapps.git

Is the git for dockapps. The WindowMaker project is making a new git with the dockapps. Here, in this tree, the changelog file is in the root folder, not in the debian folder. This is the reason for a new version with this file in the root and new version number.

3.) shipping changelog as docs is not an required. dh_installchangelogs should catch it in default locations - unusual locations can be provided
in debian/rules as argument. No need to add changelog as docs too.

ok

4.) The patches altogether lack a DEP-3 header. Please consider adding one and especially feeding them back upstream to have them included and
vanish from Debian packaging.

perfect, I will do it.

5.) Regarding taking over the maintainer ship. You should update the
title of #588837 to read ITA.

ok

6.) Updating debian/copyright to DEP-5 would be a bonus.

ok++

7.) debian/watch is empty. This makes comparing new upstream tarballs to
your provided one quite tedious. Please update it to the correct
upstream locations.

There is not webserver yet. The info at http://windowmaker.org or http://windowmaker.info is not updated. The pages will move to a CMS soon, but there is no tarballs yet. I will update the package if the tarballs are available. Now the files are only in the GIT.

Ok, what should I do? Update the problems 3-7?

Thanks for your time, Best Regards.

kix