Re: RFS: gtimer (updated package)

Hi Taylor,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 03:47:28AM -0500, Taylor LeMasurier-Wren wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.0.0-1
> of my package "gtimer".
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gtimer/gtimer_2.0.0-1.dsc

Wow. An update to an oldstable package. ;-)

Having a closer look I find:

1.) Standards-Version is still at 3.9.1. Should be bumped to 3.9.2

2.) README.Debian doesn't need to be added to docs. Moreover the file should
    be named "docs" not "doc"

3.) I wonder why there's a configure, but no config.guess and config.sub. In
    case they should be there, adding autotools-dev to build-depends and dh call
    in debian/rules would be preferred.

4.) Converting debian/copyright to DEP-5 would be a bonus.

    The link to /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL needs to have a GPL version
    number.

    Moreover the GPLv2 statements upstream all have the old FSF address and
    should be updated.

5.) Your debian/watch fails to fetch the latest version.
    The correct line would be:
    http://sf.net/gtimer/gtimer-([\d\.]+)\.tar.*

I've fixed 2.) and 5.) and built, signed, uploaded your package.

--
Best regards,
Kilian