Re: RFS: aescrypt

Sorry, the upload of the package failed but, if you check the new sources now, you'll find that the copyright is changed and i've joined the text mail of new license, from upstream author.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 06:13:52AM +0000, mezgani ali wrote:
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: [fill in].
Huh?

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/aescrypt/aescrypt_3.05-1.dsc
You don't have a git repo (even though Vcs-* is filled in) so I couldn't
find what exactly did you change from the last upload, but looks like you
changed only "GPL3" to "GPL2" in one place of debian/copyright, making it
even worse. And it seems you didn't ask the authors about licenses, as
I've suggested several times.

and Vcs repository is created.

According to http://forums.packetizer.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=92 , the
non-GPL files are really non-GPL, so you can only ask the upstream to
clarify the license, because apparently they wanted to use some permissive
one, but failed. Without this, the package cannot enter the Debian
archive.

--
WBR, wRAR

--