Re: RFS: dbxml
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: RFS: dbxml
- From: Daniel de Kok <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:49:27 +0200
- Message-id: <CAL=mtGg-haqmqS0g+bdT-E8irgBAwt4eFjH0JyQ=X+VinKqa_g@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAL=mtGjxCGW77eEy0F+QcAPWrLKvNtF7AQ74Xy8q975omZRxQw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <4D722CDF.email@example.com> <AANLkTi=m-i0w_1w4LN4tVtVZVsnc=2Rk+sasU0mOuFZ5@mail.gmail.com> <20110624210948.GM728@l04.local> <BANLkTi=2tWVrQwy6k2BLsxcZq0C3K1HDfA@mail.gmail.com> <CAL=mtGjxCGW77eEy0F+QcAPWrLKvNtF7AQ74Xy8q975omZRxQw@mail.gmail.com>
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:21 AM, Daniel de Kok <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> 2011/6/24 Lars Buitinck <email@example.com>:
>> 2011/6/24 Michael Tautschnig <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>>> Well, after a long while I got around to review this package. Here are my
>>> - debian/README.source isn't actually helpful...
>>> - There is no libdb4.8++-dev in sid. It's libdb5.1++-dev now.
>>> - Having installed that, configure fails nevertheless:
>>> configure: error: /usr not a valid Berkeley DB tree. Note that Berkeley DB
>>> must be configured and built with '--enable-cxx'.
>>> Other than this, the package would look fine. Hence if you could figure out how
>>> to update for 5.1, I'd offer to re-review the package (in a more timely
>> Thanks for the review. I've dropped my work on dbxml due to a change
>> of jobs, but my former colleague Daniël de Kok (cc) has taken over.
>> He's found that dbxml works fine with BDB 5.1, producing
>> backward-compatible files. Greg Burd, formerly of Oracle, has
>> confirmed that this should be the case in general
> I have uploaded dbxml_2.5.16-3 to mentors.debian.net:
> This version builds agains Berkeley DB 5.1. I have also converted the
> package to a multi-arch package.
If someone else is willing to sponsor this package, that would be
great as well! I have two other packages in the pipeline that depend
on dbxml ;).
Daniël de Kok