Re: RFS: libbs2b and bs2b-ladspa

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Andrew Gainer wrote:

> The package appears to be *sort of* lintian clean.

When in doubt, run lintian with --info, which gives detailed
information about the warnings.

> * There are several old-fsf-address-in-copyright-file warnings. Is the correct procedure on these to correct the license texts (seems fishy) or leave them alone (and let lintian yell at me)?

Fix them in debian/copyright and ask upstream to fix them in the source code.

> * libbs2b gives "no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libbs2b.so.0.0.0". A quick bit of Googling leads me to believe that this isn't very important for a slow-moving API like this library's, but my knowledge of the inner workings of the linking system is pretty rudimentary. Input on this or other aspects of library packaging would be much appreciated.

Symbols files are more useful for slower-moving ABIs, since they relax
dependency versions.

> * libbs2b also gives "source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary win32/sndfile/libsndfile-1.dll", which is true. Of course, I'm not using the win32 files at all, so I guess the best thing to do is just to strip them out, but I'm not sure what the Debian Way to do this is.

Yep, write a debian/rules get-orig-source tarball to create a new
tarball with those things removed.

--
bye,
pabs