Re: RFS: gogglesmm

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 22:25:40 +0100
Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gogglesmm".
> >
> > * Package name    : gogglesmm
> >   Version         : 0.12.2-5
> >   Upstream Author : Sander Jansen <s.jansen@gmail.com>
> > * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/gogglesmm/
> > * License         : GPLv3
> >   Section         : sound
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > gogglesmm  - Goggles Music Manager
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> [...]
>
> I've taken a look at your package and noticed the following issues that I'd like
> to see addressed before sponsoring its upload:
>
> - No ITP. Please file an ITP first and close it in your changelog.
> - The conflicts/replaces for musicmanager-tray, musicmanager seem strange as
>   neither of which exists as a Debian package.
> - debian/copyright: Please indicate which version of the GPL your packaging
>   conforms to. Updating debian/copyright to DEP-5 format would be a plus.
> - Some header files in src/ are LGPL, not GPL. Needs to be noted in
>   debian/copyright.
> - Have you considered moving to v3 (quilt) source format, dropping dpatch?
> - I can't confirm the lintian-cleanliness, there's one warning about the lack of
>   a man page and several info-level messages.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michael

Hi,

Thank you for reviewing my package. I have fixed most of the issues. I also change to the new source format.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gogglesmm/gogglesmm_0.12.2-7.dsc

Left is the missing man page. The original package does not provide a man page, so I can not provide one.

Kind Regards,

Hendrik

--
Hendrik Rittich