Re: RFS: sxiv (updated package)

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Daniel Echeverry wrote:

> sxiv       - simple X image viewer

The package is already uploaded by kilian, but here is a review of
things you could fix:

The upstream README.md file contains installation information that
isn't relevant to users of binary packages. Looking at the rest of the
content, that is covered by the manual page. IIRC README.md files are
used by github to make a web page. I would suggest dropping this file
from the Debian package

In the watch file, I would suggest ([\d\.]+) instead of (.*) which
will prevent getting random branches in the DEHS output.

Looking at the upstream source code (config.h), a line like this in
debian/control might be appropriate:

Suggests: libjpeg-progs, imagemagick

--
bye,