Re: RFS: pidgin-latex.

Hi Elías,

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 16:15 -0500, Elías Alejandro wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pidgin-latex".
>
> * Package name    : pidgin-latex
>  Version          : 1.4.4-1
>  Upstream Author  : Benjamin Moll <qjuh@users.sourceforge.net>
> * URL             : http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin-latex/
> * License         : GPL-2
>  Section          : net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> pidgin-latex - Pidgin plugin to display LaTeX formula

> The upload would fix these bugs: 520658
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: usefull
> plugin to show our math formulas for pidgin.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pidgin-latex/pidgin-latex_1.4.4-1.dsc
>
> A guide about pidgin-latex could be found: http://www.wangtang.de/pidgin-latex/

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer for this interesting package.

I see you're including CHANGES as docs which is not required. It'll get
installed twice then and end up as both CHANGELOG and changelog.gz in
the deb. (=> Removed)

Moreover your short description lacks one "h" (at wich - should be
which) and it also lacks a comment that this plugin is only a local
rendering and doesn't transmit images accross to your chat/IM-partner
who will also have to install the plugin to enjoy the full
functionality. (=> Updated)

LaTeX.[ch] have still have the old FSF address which you may want to
tell upstream so that they can fix it.

As you've also opened your own ITP I guess it'd make sense to close that
as well for cosmetic reasons - even though they should be closed both
through the already existing link. (=> Added)

Apart from that, IMHO fine to be uploaded.

Thus I've taken the above mentioned measures in () and sponsored your
package. You can find my upload at
http://people.debian.org/~kilian/pidgin-latex/

--
Best regards,