Re: RFS: xul-ext-zotero

Στις Δευ 04 Ιουλ 2011, ο/η Kilian Krause έγραψε:
> Hi Theodore,

Hi Kilian,

> On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 00:45 +0300, Theodore Lytras wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "xul-ext-zotero", an extension
> > for Iceweasel.
> >
> > * Package name    : xul-ext-zotero
> >
> >   Version         : 2.1.8-1
> >   Upstream Author : Center for History and New Media, George Mason
> >   University
> >
> > <chnm@gmu.edu>
> > * URL             : http://www.zotero.org/
> > * License         : Affero GPLv3
> >
> >   Section         : web
> >
> > It builds these binary packages:
> > xul-ext-zotero - Collect, organize, cite, and share your research sources
> >
> > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 504058
> >
> > My motivation for maintaining this package is:
> >
> > Zotero is IMHO the best citation manager out there, a powerful research
> > tool that I (and thousands of other people) use on a regular basis, and
> > its latest version should always be in the Debian repositories.
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> > main contrib non-free
> > - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xul-ext-zotero/xul-ext-
> > zotero_2.1.8-1.dsc
> >
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.

> Thanks for stepping up as maintainer for a new Debian package.

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply.
Please note that I am brand new to Debian packaging and the community in
general (although I use Debian for a few years now), and excuse any mistakes
and mishandlings on my part.

> 1. Your debian/changelog has a non-standard syntax (that might work
> though). Please put closes with initial release either in () or onto the
> second line without leading asterisk.

Fixed, thanks!

> 2. Debhelper compat is still at 7. Please bump to 8 as is correctly
> pulled in Build-Depends.

Fixed.

> 3. CDBS is no longer preferred. Please use dpkg v3 source style and
> debhelper 7 dh-style for debian/rules

Switched to dpkg v3 source style.
However, I am not sure how to write the debian/rules file properly without
CDBS. I would need some extra help/pointers on how to do that.

> 4. Your short description lacks the information that this is a
> firefox/iceweasel extension

Fixed.

> 5. debian/copyright is not DEP-5 format. Please update.

I wanted to do this in DEP-5, but I did not see Affero GPLv3 in the list of
license keywords in http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/#index6h1 .
Should I just use the GPL keyword, or should I specify at some other place
that the license is Affero GPLv3?

> 6. debian/README and debian/README.source can be deleted

Fixed.

> 7. Most importantly I don't see a single bit of info that you
> coordinated this with "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org> who set the
> bug to ITP this January. From what I see your name doesn't appear in the
> BTS at all for this bug. How come yuo now step up as new maintainer and
> Benjamin isn't even listed as Uploader?
>
> Thanks for clarifying.

Sorry, I didn't realize at all that I should coordinate with Benjamin.
Actually I didn't read the bug report through. My bad.

Then again, I see that the original request was for the Zotero Iceweasel
extension (which is what I have packaged), while Benjamin later refers to
Zotero Standalone (another story) and his intent to package *that* when it
hits beta.

Nonetheless, I am sending a separate email to the bug report thread and to
Benjamin. Maybe he would be interested in sponsoring this package, and I would
be glad to help with Zotero Standalone too.

One further question: should I dupload again the fixed and corrected package
to mentors.debian.net, the same way I did the first time? And should the
revision number be the same, or incremented +1?

Thank you very much for all the assistance,

Theodore Lytras