Re: RFS: trophy (Adopted and updated package)

On 07/04/2011 08:49 AM, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi Andreas,

Hi Kilian,

thanks for the review.

> 1. Using dh-autoreconf is ugly. Please try to avoid it and backport the
> full regenerated configure in your patch to make sure the source is
> identical on all buildds. IMHO dh-autoreconf is a solution for a local
> build that you maintain for yourself outside of Debian, but not for an
> official pacakge.

I have to disagree on this one, some of the reasons have already been
stated by others in this thread. I personally find it so much easier and
cleaner to patch the source files and have autofoo deal with the
finished product at buildtime. It makes the patch way easier to
read/understand and in case of new upstream releases (where maybe this
patch isn't included) it is easier to integrate.

If there should be an issue with the autotools source files and they are
exposed by building on a official buildd then the source file needs to
be fixed of course - but I rather have it visible at the time of the
upload, not some time later when (for whatever reasons) my package
becomes RC-buggy.

> 2. Your debian/copyright does list a specific version of your upstream
> source as Source. Please use the generic URL so that this is valid for
> all future versions.

Of course, thanks for pointing that out.

> 3. I don't think --prefix=/usr is required with dh_auto_configure. That
> should come automagically.

You are right. That was a leftover from the old rules file.

> As the package is not orphaned for long I'd welcome if you could fix the
> above and put forth a new package before we put it into Debian.

New version uploaded to mentors and pushed to
git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-games/trophy.git (Note that I put the
pkg-games team as maintainer and myself as Uploader).

Cheers,

Andreas