Re: RFS: pysvn (updated package)

Hi Henry,

On Sun, 2011-07-03 at 21:13 -0500, Henry velez wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.7.5-1
> of my package "pysvn".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> python-svn - A(nother) Python interface to Subversion
> python-svn-dbg - A(nother) Python interface to Subversion (debug
> extension)
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 611062

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/pysvn/pysvn_1.7.5-1.dsc

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer.

The correct procedure to address the bug 611062 is to put a new title
"ITA: ..." instead of "O: ...".

Moreover your pacakge doesn't use dpkg v3 source format. Please switch
to that.

Otherwise Lintian complains about:
P: pysvn source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system
Source/setup_configure.py

Please convert that to a patch in debian/patches/ with dpkg v3 source
style and make sure the patche(s) are forwarded upstream. The changes to
Source/setup_configure.py seem mostly ok (from a first look) but should
be known to upstream anyway - and preferably fixed upstream with their
next release.

One more patch that you may want to bring forth would be fixing #470526
and/or discussing this with upsteam.

Typos that may further be worth fixing:
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_6.so propery property
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_6.so overriden overridden
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_6.so specifed specified
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_7.so propery property
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_7.so overriden overridden
I: python-svn: spelling-error-in-binary
usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pysvn/_pysvn_2_7.so specifed specified

Your debian/copyright is not in DEP-5 format. Please update that.

Most importantly Import/pycxx-6.2.2/ seems to be missing entirely in the
debian/copyright!

Final remarks by lintian:
I: python-svn: package-contains-empty-directory
usr/share/pyshared/pysvn/
I: python-svn: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration

Both of which I think should be easy enough to fix.

As you've discussed joining DPMT please make sure to add the Vcs headers
to debian/control once the package is moved there.

Please make sure the copyright file is corrected and throw a new version
into mentors. Should be fine then.

Thanks!

--
Best regards,