Re: RFS: php-pager (updated package)

Hi Luis,

On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 23:06 -0500, Luis Uribe wrote:
> I'm looking for a sponsor for the new version of [1]php-pager.

Thanks for stepping up as new maintainer of an orphaned package!

> I would be glad if someone checks and/or upload this package for me. The
> package closes the bug #569464.
>
> [1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-pager/php-pager_2.4.8-1.dsc
>
> I have an issue with lintian:
> php-pager: duplicate-files usr/share/doc/php-pager/changelog.Debian.gz usr/share/doc/php-pager/changelog.gz
> But the package has no upstream changelog, so dh_installchangelogs
> installs the same file two times.

Because you tell it to. Just don't add it explicitly to the
dh_installchangelogs. ;-)

Full Comments are:

- You have bumped standards-version but left debhelper at 7. Update to 8
would be highly apprechiated

- Changing the Section also needs to happen in the ftp. Did FTPmasters
request this or have you informed them regarding this update by filing a
bug against the ftp.debian.org "package"?

- Your changelog entry entirely misses "New upstream version." ;-)

- Your debian-changes patch needlessly patches 3 lines more than just
that single one you actually wanted to affect

Moreover it reads in the description: Undocumented upstream changes
What's that supposed to mean?

- Your debian/rules is still old-style and would largely benefit from an
update to debhelper >=7 version using dh

- Your install target eventually may want to use $(PEAR) install ...
debian/tmp and then use dh_install logic to only extract wanted parts
from there instead of shipping that much rm lines

- "dh_installchangelogs debian/changelog" as said above is wrong. The
Debian changelog is debian/changelog and will be installed as
changelog.Debian.gz in the resulting package. If there is an upstream
changelog you may put this here. If there is none, just don't put
anything.

- the tests and examples seem to not have a copyright. Would be nice if
they could be assigned one by upstream.

I've taken the liberty of removing the "debian/copyright" from the call
to "dh_installchangelogs" in debian/rules and build, sign, upload your
package.

Thanks again for stepping up as new maintainer!

--
Best regards,
Kilian