Re: RFS: qasmixer

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian H. wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "qasmixer".
>
> * Package name    : qasmixer
>   Version         : 0.12.0-3
>   Upstream Author : Sebastian Holtermann <sebholt@xwmw.org>
> * URL             : http://xwmw.org/qasmixer/
> * License         : GPL V3
>   Section         : multimedia
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> qasmixer   - A mixer for the Linux sound system ALSA powered by a QT GUI

I had a look at your package, and here's a few things you could improve:

  - lintian -I --pedantic qasmixer_0.12.0-3.dsc gives the following
    output:

      W: qasmixer source: native-package-with-dash-version
      I: qasmixer source: missing-debian-source-format
      W: qasmixer source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.8.4 (current is 3.9.2)

    (run it with -i to get a full explanation of their meaning).

  - You're using compat level 7; you should use 8 (in debian/compat and
    the version of debhelper in debian/control).

  - Please consider using DEP-5 [1] for your debian/copyright file (not
    a requirement, but highly recommended).

    [1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

  - debian/docs: why are you installing CMakeLists.txt?

  - debian/control: there's no 'multimedia' section in unstable [2].

    [2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

  - debian/changelog: your entries should be much more descriptive; see
    [3] for details.

    [3] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-debian-changelog

I hope this helps.

Cheers,