Re: RFS: gadmin-proftpd (adopted, updated package)

Hello Kilian

On 06/27/2011 02:00 AM, Kilian Krause wrote:

> And I see during compilation that /var/log/secure and /var/log/xferlog are
> used. IIRC the default for proftpd is /var/log/proftpd/{secure,xferlog}. Do you
> reckon running gadmin-proftpd works ok?

Works well at here, but i'll investigate about it.

> From your changelog:
> * debian/patches/03-desktop.patch: Removing encoding field.
>  => why is that needed? Having UTF-8 explicitly spelled out doesn't feel bad
>     to me.

as per freedesktop spec and desktop-file-validator, a desktop file must
not contain encoding field. cmiiw

> * debian/patches/04-spell_in_binary.patch: Fix typos in binary.
>  => there is no notion this one was pushed upstream. I would suggest to do
>     that if not already done.

Ok, i'll send to upstream

> Further I see:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfontconfig.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgio-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libcairo.so.2 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpango-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgmodule-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgthread-2.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libfreetype.so.6 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/gadmin-proftpd/usr/sbin/gadmin-proftpd" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
>
> which I guess should be solved if possible with subsequent uploads.

I'm confused with this message, i think that was because B-D to
lib-gtk2-dev. but i'm not sure about it

>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gadmin-proftpd/gadmin-proftpd_0.4.2-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> built, signed, uploaded.
>
> Thanks for your work.

Thank very much Kilian!

--