Re: RFS: cfortran (updated package)

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Kilian Krause <kilian@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>
> On Sun, 2011-06-26 at 21:08 +0200, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:20110621-1
>> of my package "cfortran".
>
> actually why would you want that? The latest version in unstable has
> DM-Upload-Allowed set to yes already.
>
> Anyhow here goes some comments.
>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> cfortran   - Header file permitting Fortran routines to be called in C/C++
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>
> Yes. Very nice. Even though --pedantic still complains about:
> P: cfortran source: unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt
> P: cfortran: no-upstream-changelog
> I: cfortran: conflicts-with-version libcfitsio-dev (<< 2.440-1)
> I: cfortran: possible-documentation-but-no-doc-base-registration
>
> Regarding the first two I would agree this should be fixed with one of
> the next uploads.

Will ad a changelog.

>> In order to be more robust I have switched this package to arch all to arch any in order to run testsuite
>
> Not really sure this is a good rationale even though I like the idea.

Will allow to get hard breakage if we add some exotic
architecture/ABI. We had a beakage previously on alpha. Doing this
could really help.

>> Notice that I am maintening it upstream.
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cfortran/cfortran_20110621-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> 1. uscan gives:
> uscan warning: In watchfile debian/watch, reading webpage
>  http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/cfortran/ failed: 404 File Not Found

The cache is not up to date on debian side I think

> 2. Especially since you're upstream yourself I'd favour not doing
> autoreconf during the actual build. This should be done prior to
> generating the orig.tar.gz IMHO as it usually causes more problems than
> it solves. dh-autoreconf should thus be dropped from the B-Depends.

Wil lthink about this.

> 3. debian/copyright isn't yet DEP-5 format.

Will do

> 4. You include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make in debian/rules to do the
> Git-Packaging I guess. As said, I myself would rather export something
> "stable" as orig.tar.gz and work from there. How you script your
> get-orig-source target is another thing and can use
> quilt/git/dpatch/whatever...

Will add quilt in case of debian specific need.

> 5. You dropped /usr/include/cfortran.h from your deb which may or may
> not be required by other packages. I hope this was intentional - cannot
> find any mentioning in the changelog.

Will correct

> Anyway, it's your package and someone has already granted you
> DM-Upload-Allowed for a reason. Thus if you think this is the way your
> package works best, why not upload it yourself?

I prefer to gt comment :)