Re: RFS: libpam-abl

Hello,

I had a look at your package. Please not that I am not a DD, and so I
can't sponsor your contribution.

Build
-----

Your package builds in a clean sid chroot.

Lintian
-------

Your package is _not_ lintian clean. Here are the warnings upto -E:

  - I: libpam-abl source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field
    "section" in package libpam-abl

    This one is easy to fix, you can just remove the Section: line
    from the binary package.

  - I: libpam-abl: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/pam_abl Unkown Unknown

    This one should be easy too, you can patch src/tools/pam_abl.c
    near line 565. Upstream will probably be interested.

  - I: libpam-abl: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly

    The full stop is not needed.

  - O: libpam-abl: manpage-has-errors-from-man
    usr/share/man/man1/pam_abl.1.gz 169: warning: macro `HTML-TAG' not
    defined

  - O: libpam-abl: manpage-has-errors-from-man
    usr/share/man/man5/pam_abl.conf.5.gz 169: warning: macro `HTML-TAG'
    not defined

  - O: libpam-abl: manpage-has-errors-from-man
    usr/share/man/man8/pam_abl.8.gz 169: warning: macro `HTML-TAG' not
    defined

    Instead of setting an override, you can probably patch the
    manpages. This could also be related to a docbook bug.

debian/changelog
----------------

  - "Initial release" is probably better than "New upstream release"
    as it is the first one :).
  - The two ITPs have been merged, so it is only necessary to close
    one of them.

debian/rules
------------

  - There is a trailing space line 6.
  - Line 9 could be wrapped.

debian/control
--------------

  - (see about the lintian warnings)
  - Both your short and extended descriptions start with "pam_abl",
    which is probably not informative enough. Other PAM modules seem
    to use phrasings such as "PAM module blocking host which are
    attempting a brute force attack"
  - The versioned build-dep against debhelper can probably be bumped
    at least to 8 (and debian/compat set to this value to), but I am
    not sure about the exact version number.

Hope that helps !

--
Etienne Millon