Re: RFS: opencpn

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Hamish <hamish_b@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've no answer, but I notice that `apt-file search paypal` turns
> up a handful of other debian packages in the same boat, for good
> or bad.
>
> If it is deemed to be copyright/trademark problematic, there
> should be no trouble going the iceweasel custom graphic route,
> although "Donate now via a company we can't name" doesn't have
> the same ring to it. (even if it does bring up memories of Joe's
> Garage :)

Its unlikely that the paypal graphics are DFSG-free, so I think we
need to remove them.

I personally don't have time to investigate this issue, but I see 8
images in binary packages and ~ 11 images in source packages, based on
the Contents files.

I wonder about the best course of action here, some ideas:

Filing RC bugs for the cases listed in the Contents files after investigation

Adding a lintian warning based on known md5sums of paypal graphics to
prevent future issues. The old and new logos are here:

https://www.paypal.com/newlogobuttons

> what's the license attached to the debian graphics for iceweasel?

>From sid /usr/share/doc/iceweasel/copyright:

Files: debian/*
Copyright: 2005-2010, Mike Hommey <glandium@debian.org>
License: MPL-1.1 or GPL-2 or LGPL-2.1