Re: RFS: lugaru (new package)

Am Dienstag, den 07.06.2011, 19:04 +0200 schrieb Arand Nash:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "lugaru" and "lugaru-data".
>
> * Package names   : lugaru
>                    : lugaru-data
>    Versions        : 0~20110520.1+hge4354+dfsg-1
>                    : 0~20110520.1+hge4354-1
>    Upstream Authors: Wolfire Games <http://www.wolfire.com>
>                    : Neal Gompa <ngompa13@gmail.com>
>                    : Alexander Monakov <amonakov@gmail.com>
>                    : Côme BERNIGAUD <come.bernigaud@gmail.com>
>                    : sf17k
> * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/lugaru/
>                    : http://www.wolfire.com/lugaru
> * License         : GPL-2+, CC-BY-SA, "freeware"
>    Section         : contrib/games
>                    : non-free/games
>
> They build these binary packages:
> lugaru - third-person action game
> lugaru-data - data for the third-person action game lugaru
>
> The packages appears to be lintian clean.
>
> The upload would fix the ITP bug: 626156 (and partly the RFP bug: 607965)
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: It being a great indie
> game, having an active upstream, and being something one would expect to
> be packaged, being famously (though partly) Open Sourced.
>
> History lesson:
> Icculus <http://hg.icculus.org/icculus/lugaru> did the initial porting
> to GNU/Linux an was the initial repository when the source was released,
> the main hub has now moved to <http://code.google.com/p/lugaru/> from
> where the current packaging stems (with major contributions from the
> "r/amonakov-lugaru" an "p/lugaru-experimental" repositories).
> Inititally Only the source was freely licensed, Wolfire later licensed
> the game data as freeware, and recently a large chunk of it under
> CC-BY-SA. Not enough to package the whole into main currently though.
>
> The packages can be found on mentors.debian.net:

>       : http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/l/lugaru-data
> main contrib non-free
>                     : deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/l/lugaru/lugaru_0~20110520.1+hge4354+dfsg-1.dsc
>    dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/contrib/l/lugaru-data/lugaru-data_0~20110520.1+hge4354-1.dsc
>
> The VCS for lugaru is up for inspection at
> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-games/lugaru.git

>   - arand

Hi Arand,

at a quick review of lugaru I found the following issues:

The desktop-file-validate utility (package desktop-file-utils) spit out:
lugaru.desktop: error: value "1.1" for key "Version" in group "Desktop
Entry" is not a known version

lugaru.desktop and lugaru.menu:
Please supply the full path to the binary or wrapper script like
Exec=/usr/games/lugaru to avoid messing with users' PATH environment
variable.

In lugaru-data debian/control says Section: contrib/games. I didn't
notice any dependency or build-dependency on a package from the non-free
section, so lugaru-data goes either into main or into non-free.

The binary package lugaru-data has a circular dependency on lugaru. It
should be Enhances: lugaru.

Cheers - Fuddl