Re: RFS: mpage (update to an orphan, which I want to adopt)

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:52:50PM -0400, Pace Willisson wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.5.6-2
> of the Debian orphan package "mpage".  I would like to adopt this package.

Thanks for putting up with a package that needs attention.

> It builds these binary packages:
> mpage      - print multiple pages per sheet on PostScript printer
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 486763 (which is my ITA)
[...]
> I would be glad if someone gave me feedback on this first packaging
> attempt.  After I'm confident that I've got the packaging details
> right, I'll fix the one outstanding bug filed against mpage, and then
> plan to keep it up to date through future release cycles.

Well, the package isn't in a bad shape. There are a few things, though.
For instance, using source format 3.0 makes quilt obsolete for it. The
source format is callef '3.0 (quilt)' for a reason. ;) Also, you might
want to run something like

lintian -IEm --pedantic --show-overrides --color auto

on your changes file. Not that all of that would need to be fixed but it
gives a fairly thorough automatic review and shows a few issues. How
about you have a look at that and re-upload after fixing that? Cool?

Hauke

--
 .''`.   Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>               www.jhr-online.de
: :'  :  Debian Developer                                 www.debian.org