Re: Upstream looks for a proper way to build the packages by itself

Hi Andriy,

On Tue, 31.05.2011 at 14:59:25 +0300, Andriy Senkovych <jolly_roger@itblog.org.ua> wrote:
> I'm an uploader of the buildbot and buildbot-slave Debian packages and
> a contributor to the buildbot project[1] itself. As you may wonder,
> buildbot is a distributed continious integration tool written in
> Python. And since this is a continious integration tool, it would be
> great if it could support building packages too.
> distros. Buildbot architecture considers all work should be done on
> slaves and report the results to master which is great for
> multiplatform build process. This experience will also be useful for
> other projects willing to use buildbot.

are you perchance aware of the efforts around Jenkins[1]? If so, what
do you like or dislike about it? To me, it looks like it could be
equally well expanded to build packages of all sorts, and non-python
packages, too (ie, a more general approach).

[1] http://jenkins-ci.org

Kind regards,
--Toni++