RFS: obdgpslogger [ITP #580176] [updated version]

Dear mentors,

A while ago I was working on packaging my pet project, obdgpslogger, for
Debian. David Paleino generously uploaded it for me, but it failed the
FTP masters due to a PDF without source code. [PDFs are now all gone]

That was around the time Squeeze was in crunch, so I took a break from
my work on packaging in order to fix bugs and put in some major new
features.

I'm now back, and again looking for a sponsor for my updated package:

* Package name    : obdgpslogger
  Version         : 0.16-1
  Upstream Author : Myself [Gary Briggs <gbriggs@rand.org>]
* URL             : http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/
* License         : GPLv2+
  Section         : science

It builds these binary packages:
obdgpslogger - Suite of tools to log OBDII and GPS data

The package appears to be lintian-clean:
chunky@chunksid:~/src/deb$ lintian --version
Lintian v2.5.0
chunky@chunksid:~/src/deb$ lintian -IE --pedantic \
   obdgpslogger_0.16-1.dsc obdgpslogger_0.16-1_amd64.deb
chunky@chunksid:~/src/deb$

My motivation for maintaining this package is: This is my pet project,
and has been for several years. It's scratching an itch; there's
almost no software out there for working with OBDII as well as GPS,
even less that's open source, and absolutely none that's made it into
any distributions yet.

It also contains a simulator I've written, that's used more extensively
than the logger itself; most of the OBDII software developers I know of,
even the closed source ones, are now using my sim.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/obdgpslogger/obdgpslogger_0.16-1.dsc

I would be greatly appreciate it if a mentor could take a look at my
package, with the eventual goal of uploading it.

Thanky-you very much,
 Gary Briggs