Re: DEP-5 format definition hell

Hello,

On Mon, 30 May 2011 17:39:40 +0800
Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

> > It's much harder to read it for humans than old good traditional
> > debian/copyright.
> Which format are you talking about? The "old good traditional
> format" is in fact no format at all, with no rules, and we had
> all sorts of formatting, which is why DEP5 was invented.

Why not just make it a format, e.g. require that some things must
presents here, some another must be there, but leave it relatively
free-form?

Personally I like using something like traditional d/c plus some DEP5
fields if necessary.

For me, strict DEP5 is extremely hard to read unlike what was before it
was invented.

--
WBR, Andrew