Re: RFS: gtkpod (updated package)

Hi Matteo!

Am 06.05.2011 18:30, schrieb Matteo F. Vescovi:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.0.1-1
> of my package "gtkpod".

I don't own or use an iPod bug I'm willing to sponsor your updated gtkpod
package, as I'd like to see #613168 fixed

There are a few issues I noticed, that you should fix before I can make the upload:

- chrpath
The package builds fine without the chrpath mangling. So please remove the
chrpath calls from debian/rules, the chrpath b-dep from debian/control and the
reference from README.Debian

- package split
  + usr/lib/pkgconfig belongs into libgtkpod-dev
  + usr/lib/libgtkpod.a belongs into libgtkpod-dev (or can be dropped
altogether. static linking is not very common anymore these days)
  + the plugins in /usr/lib/gtkpod belong into gtkpod, only install the so
files, i.e the line in gtkpod.install should be /usr/lib/gtkpod/*.so

- symbols file
  + The symbols file should only contain the symbols of libgtkpod and not  the
plugins. See above about moving the plugins into gtkpod.
  + The symbol version should not contain the debian revision, unless the
symbols was added by a debian specific patch. i.e. instead of 2.0.1-1~ use 2.0.1

- README.source
The reference to quilt is obsolete as you use dpkg source v3 (quilt) and can be
removed.

- changelog
  + Please close #613168 in the changelog (adding a short description)
  + 2.0.0-1 was never uploaded to unstable. So either set the upload target to
UNRELEASED or merge the 2.0.0-1 changelog into 2.0.1-1. I'd prefer the latter.
  + You don't need to close both #623237 and #621910, as those bugs have been
merged, so closing one is sufficient
  + The "* New maintainer release (Closes: #621910)"  changelog is a bit
misleading. I'd suggest something like the following

  * New upstream release. (Closes: #578714)
  * New maintainer. (Closes: #621910)

- upstream tarball
the md5sum of the upstream tarball and your orig.tar.gz do not match.
de20c3958c6726a209bc4b0579c4ec52  gtkpod_2.0.1.orig.tar.gz
8b12e9f990701c71c60a45193b3eeef4  gtkpod-2.0.1.tar.gz

Please use the pristine upstream tarball (without repacking). If you need to
repack the upstream tarball, then this needs to be added to README.source

- copyright
The copyright file seems to have some outdated references.

Please ping me as soon as you have an updated package.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?